Friday, April 8, 2011

Spring break here we come!!!

Today is our last day before we are officially on spring break - although I know that I will be seeing some of you next week during spring intercession. 
That being said, we had a flurry of activity all day long.

  It started off with COACHES!  Our coaches will coach us through those brutal EOG tests at the end of May.  When we come back from break, they will be ready to teach us some very important strategies to be successful on the EOGs (like: covering up answer choices, eliminating "crazy" answers, plug and chug, determine reading/math skills...and lots and lots OF STAMINA.
We didn't get finished before we went to Book Madness - but our coaches really began to take shape...



Ummm....this one still needs a little bit of work...
 



Our certified #1 head coach ---- Boogie Ugie Ugie hangin' out with the other soon to be coaches!



Next, we headed to the Media Center where Porter Ridge High School students from the Future Business Leaders Of America held "Book Madness"!!!  I am pretty sure my eyes were as big as saucers and I was drooling at all of the amazing books!  I wanted to grab some and RUN, RUN, RUN!  However, I managed to restrain myself as each student got to choose one book for themselves to take home and put on their bookshelf.

We all really enjoyed this!  Thank you to those students and teachers who helped with this awesome event!  

"This Book Belongs to: Jessie"!!! 




The Giving Tree!  Great choice Jessie, that is one of Rich's favorites!!
Derek, the "book monster" strikes again!  
This is one of the only ways I can get Derek to agree to be in any picture.... so, blog readers, I hope you enjoy this rare image of Derek!


Jacqueline choose a Madeline collection-- a GREAT choice, if I do say so myself!

Smiles all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment